Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 4

This is a study of Andrew Wyeth's "Maga's Daughter." This is a portrait of his wife, Betsy. Rumor has is, she hated this painting because of the hat he made her wear. She had red cheeks because of how embarrassed she was while she was sitting for him.

I didn't have a bunch of time today to work on multiple drawings, so I spent a little extra time into this one. I'm a little more happy with this one than drawings in the past. Proportions are decent in this, and the edges are ok. I really should have spent the time to put this one in color. Wyeth has such a way of working with a color palette that is all his own...and no one is really reading this, so I'm just going to blah, blah, blah....

2 comments:

  1. We are SO reading this! This is not just your daily drawing, it's my daily art lesson. Now, what were you saying about Wyeth's color palette?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, don't do cop-out endings, jackbutt.

    (Keepin' it clean for the kiddies!)

    ReplyDelete