Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 7

So, I'm a little late today. Things have been busy here at the office. I only have about 15 minutes for this drawing...and once again, not happy with it. I'm going to try to remain critical without launching a hundred invites to my pity party. I really see how, if I'm busy or stressed out work, my drawings suffer.

This is a drawing done from a photograph taken of Andrew Wyeth. It's a very interestingly lit portrait that really emphasizes his white hair contrasting with his dark skin. Pretty great little image.

I need to start spending more time on these drawings. I need to work with color. I set my palette up for water colors last night, so I'm ready to paint tonight. And I also need to draw/paint from life. These are the goals, friends...these are goals, but I'm sure I'll be doing another lame black and white portrait of someone else's artwork.

Better luck tomorrow...

1 comment: