Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 50

Drawing for the day... Another Rockwell. I really have fun drawing hands like he does. You almost can't ruin them. They are so expressive, like most other features he captures. He borderlines on caricature. Not like the kind that will draw a cartoon version of you at Six Flags that hardly looks like you. Those drawings always crack me up. They never look like the person they are drawing. They get the main ideas down, like the person has glasses, dark hair, and blue eyes... past that, they just look like a goofy face. I actually talked with one of those artist at Six Flags a few years ago. They have to take these classes about how to draw all the facial features in a specific way so they are never at a loss. They have like 6 different nose they have to know how to draw, 6 different mouths, etc... I thought that was pretty interesting. I also thought it was interesting this girl told me all about it. And also how she said she wasn't much of an artist, but this was the only job she cold get. I was surprised at her candor, and at the Denver Six Flags staff of artists. At the time, I remember being jealous when she told me that. There she was not wanting to really even be there, and there I was a few years left in college wishing I was in her shoes... I'd probably still do that job... I would, however, probably get fired not drawing in their style...

No comments:

Post a Comment