Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 121 Jimmy Lester

The Drawing of the Day: Jimmy Lester

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Jimmy (He is the friend of a friend). From what I hear, Jimmy is a good as it gets.

When drawing a portrait, I have always thought it was like having a long meaningful conversation with that person. You get to look at the person and study their facial features and really understand their expressions.

This drawing was very important for me to do an accurate job with. This was the idea of one of his friends to act a one of many living tribute to a great man.

Jimmy, if you read this, I hope I did you justice.

7 comments:

  1. great great great Blake thank you!! cant wait to meet you someday Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great drawing! Thank you so much. Jimmy is the kindest, most caring and unselfess person you would ever want to meet and also an amazing father. We have been married for 38 years and he is still the love of my life.

    Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. jimmy is the kind of man you want to be around all the time, because when you are, you can literally feel the presence of God, it's very obvious the man is in LOVE with his Savior. we love you, jimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimmy is as good as it gets...here on earth, anyway! You've definitely captured his essence in your drawing and I hope you get to meet this treasure of a man. A conversation with him is always joy, joy, joy! Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply amazing! Jimmy has the most contagious personality. Always a blast to be around. I don't believe I've ever met anyone more genuine... and I've known him for about 40 years. I truly love the Lester family!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimmy had a heart for the hurting and a love for the unlovable like no one I have ever known. There are no words to express the loss of today.....

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for extending your talent to my family. The pictures you drew of Jimmy are so life-like. Jimmy is my older brother that the only serious thing about him was his love for His Heavenly Father and that was enough.
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete