Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 34

After yesterday's fiasco, I needed a win for sure. That drawing really frustrated. While I drawing it, I wasn't too disappointed with it, but when I saw in photographed, it really bummed me out. Sometimes seeing a drawing in different sizes (like on the blog), I really see how it how the drawing actually looks as opposed to my view point.

Today's drawing I feel really good about. I really focused on the line quality. I have been thinking shape and value lately, so it feels good, and almost like a return to my past to work with line quality again. These Mucha drawings are very tricky in the sense that if you mess up the line quality, you're done. You pretty much get one shot. So, much like Bruce Lee described the act of throw a punch - you must imagine your target (line) before for you swing (draw). You have to already have the line you want to draw seared into your brain. Once it's in there, you draw it over and over again, all day. You just have to practice it 10,000 times before it works.

Maybe I need to spend more time working with line???

No comments:

Post a Comment