Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 75

Today was a really difficult day for me artistically. It hit me that at the rate that I'm going, I'll probably never make it as a full-time artist. I am not painting at the level I need to be. I really hit a moment today where I strongly considered giving it up and throwing the towel. It just seems like I'm far away from the skill level I need to be.

This morning I filmed a "how to paint" dvd today. The company named Cold Render featuring two of my earliest childhood friends. They guys were super professional and did a great job. I feel that I was unable to deliver on my end. The painting didn't turn out how I wanted. I ran out of time and the colors were not right. So, needless to say I was embarrassed.

I really need to commit more time to my life to painting or decide that this is not the route that my life is going.

As a result, you can see, my drawing of the day is not too impressive. Sorry, Jim


3 comments:

  1. right before i read this, i read this:

    http://tinyurl.com/ya28cn3

    THINK ABOUT IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blake, you know how I feel about this. You have an amazing talent. We all go through ups and downs, good art days and bad art days. Don't throw in the towel. Don't throw away what you've accomplished. I don't personally know another artist who has sold their paintings for some of the prices you've been able to command.You have a huge skill level, you're just in a rut. Keep up the practice drawings so when the time is right you can churn out some amazing western art again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read the War of Art. I have it if you want to borrow it. I think I have it. I'll buy it for you if I don't. Also, stop being a baby.

    ReplyDelete